A handy, must have plugin for displaying your Twitter feed in your themes widgetized area. Uses the new Twitter v.1.1 API.
The ThemeJug Twitter plugin allows you to display a list of your recent tweets in widgetized areas on your ThemeJug theme. The plugin uses the new Twitter v1.1 API, this means you need to take a couple of extra steps to get it setup on your site.
How To Install
- Hit the download button & grab the zip.
- Log in to your theme and navigate to Plugins -> Add New.
- Click the ‘Upload’ link.
- Select the zip file and click ‘Install Now’.
You will need the following items from Twitter: Consumer key, Consumer secret, Access token and the Access token secret.
- Go to: https://dev.twitter.com
- Click Sign In and use your normal Twitter login details.
- Once logged in click your profile image and select ‘My Applications‘, next click ‘Create a new application‘.
- Once your application has been created, click ‘Create my access token‘. (Located at the bottom of the page.)
- To get your codes, click the tab labelled ‘OAuth tool‘, here your keys will be displayed.
- Copy & paste the required Twitter keys (Consumer key, Consumer secret, Access token and the Access token secret) into the Twitter widget. You will need to drag & drop the Twitter widget into one of your themes widgetized areas first, here you will see the required fields.